Our trade union was founded in the 1960s, and after experiencing immediate success, it applied to publish its constitution on 21 June 1971 in the Mémorial Luxembourgeois to ensure its long-term future. So in 2016, Union Syndicale Luxembourg (USL) is celebrating the 45th anniversary of its official foundation. This makes USL not only the largest union for the European civil service in Luxembourg, the only one present in all the European institutions based here, but also by far the most experienced, and still alive and kicking!After the 2nd draw of the winners during the USL cocktail of 14 FEB 2017 the lottery is finished. We would like to thank heartfully all sponsors and wish all the best to the happy winners of our trade union.
As part of the festivities for this 45th anniversary, the Executive Committee has the pleasure of announcing the organisation of a lottery for its members, associated with a wide-ranging inter-institutional membership drive. The conditions for entry are as follows:
- All members (working or retired) whose membership dues are up-to-date will have a ticket entered in the draw;
- Any member who sponsors one or more new members during the period of the lottery will be given the same number of additional tickets in the draw as the number of members they sponsored who, even as newcomers, will themselves have a chance of winning a prize!
- The prizes to be won and the names of the winners will be published on the USL website, unless the winner asks to remain anonymous;
- If a ticket of an elected member of one of the bodies which runs USL is picked out in the draw, another ticket will be drawn instead.
- The first draw of the winners will happen in early autumn 2016.
All that remains is to wish good luck to all the current and future members of the big team/family that makes up our union!